Happy Christmas everyone. To celebrate the occasion, why not have some mulled wine? Giggle Loop-style!
- Caster sugar
- Brussels Sprouts
- An orange
- Neurofen cold and flu
- Ground ginger
- Ground cinnamon
- Terry’s Chocolate Orange
- Dark rum
- Orange juice (from concentrate)
- First, cut the orange. Then juice it.
- Measure out a spoonful of ground ginger. Feed it to a nearby friend.
- Pour a bottle of red wine in to a saucepan and warm it in on the hob at a medium-high heat. Add a glug of Masala to the wine. It’s a sticky fermented fig stuff that will sweeten it right up!
- Add the squeezed orange juice too.
- Separately, mix 1tsp of ground ginger, 1 “baby’s nose” of Ground Cinnamon, 1 tsp of mixed spice, 1tsp of cloves, and “a bunch” of sugar (probably three teaspoons).
- Chop the Brussels Sprouts and put to one side for garnish
- Slice the rind from your juiced orange and add to the wine
- Add some orange juice for good measure.
- Taste the wine. Don’t worry, it won’t taste great, but it will get better.
- Add the spices. All of them.
- Let it simmer for 10 mins or so. Add more orange juice if you feel like it. Swap clothes with your friends and see if anyone notices the difference.
- Add dark rum for the finishing touch.
- Ladle the rind in to a sieve, then pour the wine through the sieve in to a jug.
- Serve the wine in to a nearby mug. Spill the wine on the floor. Consider using a ladle to serve.
- Taste the wine.
- Throw away the Brussels Sprouts, put the pancetta back in the fridge and eat the Terry’s Chocolate orange if you feel inclined.
- Then subscribe to the Giggle Loop Podcast on iTunes or Soundcloud.
- Subscribe to the Giggle Loop YouTube Channel.
- Enjoy your mulled wine
- Take a pair of Neurofen if it gives you a headache.
– Ed, Ellie & Natasha